A LIttle Late to the Dance

jloakley
I'm working on my assignment for March to May 1858 Puget Sound Herald. So far haven't seen anything, but will probably have some questions on uploading if I do. I don't have WORD on my computer, so I'm reading in PDF and may not be able to use some snip programs. I am keeping track.  Enjoying the discussion. What cool stuff has been found.  Really contrasts (or not) with what I experienced at the 150th at Gettysburg.

RE: A LIttle Late to the Dance

lmcconaghy-2
Of course.  Let us know how we can help, Janet.  I'm sure you were thinking of George Pickett, at Gettysburg.  It's interesting that, as far as I know so far, there was no special mention made of his role in the "charge," here, in Washington Territory.  I have enjoyed the REad-In tremendously, and I've held off on posting my records, too. No worries.  But keep your eyes open in 1858 for anything interesting, L

Re: A LIttle Late to the Dance

jloakley
So far, it's mostly about the Steilacoom Library Society. etc.

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 10:23 PM, lmcconaghy-2 [via Civil War Pathways] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/A-LIttle-Late-to-the-Dance-tp423p424.html
To start a new topic under Civil War Pathways, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Civil War Pathways, click here.
NAML

--
Janet Oakley
writer, historian, educator

Everyone loves a little History CSI

TREE SOLDIER
http://www.amazon.com/Tree-Soldier-J-L-Oakley/dp/1453896473/ref=tmm_pap_title_0
Chanticleer Grand Prize winner 2013
 2012 EPIC ebook Award winner for Historical Fiction

Blog: http://historyweaver.wordpress.com

RE: A LIttle Late to the Dance

lmcconaghy-2
Heh.  But what are they reading, JO?  Just kidding....

Blog: http://historyweaver.wordpress.com<http://historyweaver.wordpress.com/>

NAML<
http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: A LIttle Late to the Dance

jloakley
THey seem to be getting organized. I'm reading in pdf, but don't know how to capture anything. Should I run something off if I find anything and then scan the section? I have the notes from the workshop next to me, but I'm a little fuzzy.

I remember reading about a man with the first name of Lafe who was a doctor at Gettysburg then came out here. Married Hepzibah, someone from Olympia.

http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/A-LIttle-Late-to-the-Dance-tp423p426.html
To start a new topic under Civil War Pathways, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Civil War Pathways, click here.
NAML

--
Janet Oakley
writer, historian, educator

Everyone loves a little History CSI

TREE SOLDIER
http://www.amazon.com/Tree-Soldier-J-L-Oakley/dp/1453896473/ref=tmm_pap_title_0
Chanticleer Grand Prize winner 2013
 2012 EPIC ebook Award winner for Historical Fiction

Blog: http://historyweaver.wordpress.com

RE: A LIttle Late to the Dance

lmcconaghy-2
It's hard to help you with the pdfs long-distance like this - though Jenny is better at that than I am.  It is SO useful to have the actual article to refer to, in the database.  If you find making a copy and scanning it in is the easiest way for you to work, by all means, do that.  If you have difficulty attaching that scan to your record, let us know.  In two cases, readers have simply printed out in hard copy what they've read that's useful, and send it to me for scanning.  Anything about politics here, in that period, Janet? "Lafe and Hepzibah" are classic.   Lorraine

NAML<
http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: A LIttle Late to the Dance

jloakley
I've seen articles about news back east and the Mormons. A bit about the Fraser Gold Rush. On Lafe, I'd love to find material on him. He was a surgeon and so was my great-granddad. Both at Gettysburg. Wonder if they crossed paths.

Scanning is easy. May be the best way if I find something.

http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/A-LIttle-Late-to-the-Dance-tp423p428.html