Quantcast

Another finding aid - Prosch

MaryM
I just found Thomas Prosch's Washington Territory Fifty Years Ago, written in 1913 about the year 1863. It's from the WA Historical Quarterly, and is downloadable as a pdf. It's chock full of names and titles and has been very helpful.

Re: Another finding aid - Prosch

jloakley
Cool.

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 2:22 PM, MaryM [via Civil War Pathways] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I just found Thomas Prosch's Washington Territory Fifty Years Ago, written in 1913 about the year 1863. It's from the WA Historical Quarterly, and is downloadable as a pdf. It's chock full of names and titles and has been very helpful.

http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/Another-finding-aid-Prosch-tp357.html
To start a new topic under Civil War Pathways, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Civil War Pathways, click here.
NAML

--
Janet Oakley
writer, historian, educator

Everyone loves a little History CSI

TREE SOLDIER
http://www.amazon.com/Tree-Soldier-J-L-Oakley/dp/1453896473/ref=tmm_pap_title_0
Chanticleer Grand Prize winner 2013
 2012 EPIC ebook Award winner for Historical Fiction

Blog: http://historyweaver.wordpress.com

Re: Another finding aid - Prosch

Kate Forster
Excellent!  Now I know there was a Dennison AND a Denniston.  I was confused.  thanks, MaryM.

http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/Another-finding-aid-Prosch-tp357p358.html
To start a new topic under Civil War Pathways, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Civil War Pathways, click here.
NAML

RE: Another finding aid - Prosch

lmcconaghy-2
Coming late to your party - did you let us readers know where the PDF for WHQ is online?  If so, I'll find it as I read; if not, please post that.  Is anyone "reading" this source, who will post records from it?  FINALLY back from trips - I was out of town more than in, throughout July.  What glorious weather here!  L

Blog: http://historyweaver.wordpress.com<http://historyweaver.wordpress.com/>

NAML<
http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Here is the Prosch article from Historical Quarterly (if it works; fingers crossed): Nope, it's an "unsupported image type." Well, let's see. It's at http://www.jstor.org/, search for Thomas Prosch. It's not his only piece. It's this one: 6. The Political Beginning of Washington Territory Thomas W. Prosch The Quarterly of the Oregon Historical Society, Vol. 6, No. 2 (Jun., 1905), pp. 147-158 Page Scan Article PDF Article Summary MaryM found this one.

Re: Another finding aid - Prosch

Kate Forster
I posted the link on the website.  Could not upload it; "unsupported type" or some such.  The Prosch stuff was from MaryM.

Yes, this weather is not the kind you want to drive/fly away from.  It's good you've returned!

Now I'm going to try the same with the early legislature list I found.  If I can find it!  :-\
Kate

http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/Another-finding-aid-Prosch-tp357p360.html
NAML

RE: Another finding aid - Prosch

lmcconaghy-2
Nope, no dice for me, but I'm accessing this through a WSHS lashup that doesn't support much. I think I can follow your advice, KF, and find the article.  I think we should include it in the Read-In, is why I'm excited about it.  Thank you, L

NAML<
http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

RE: Another finding aid - Prosch

curator

I got the link, found the pdf and printed it out.

Best regards,

Clark McAbee

Curator

Orcas Island Historical Museum

PO BOX 134/ N Beach Rd

East Sound WA 98245

360-376-4849

[hidden email]

http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/Another-finding-aid-Prosch-tp357p364.html

NAML

Re: Another finding aid - Prosch

Kate Forster
Well, shucks.  It's a free, downloadable pdf, so I'll just attach it here for you.  Kate

http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/Another-finding-aid-Prosch-tp357p367.html
To start a new topic under Civil War Pathways, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Civil War Pathways, click here.
NAML

Prosch.pdf (905K) Download Attachment

Re: Another finding aid - Prosch

Mary Mitiguy Miller