Curate Civil War Pathways with Lorraine #6 (veteran's land claim)

Curate Civil War Pathways with Lorraine #6 (veteran's land claim)

Jenny Sayward
Has anyone discovered a story like this?

I would like to feature a Civil War Union veteran who traveled west to Washington Territory after the war, and made a claim under the Homestead Act AND used his veteran’s 40 acre bonus.  And I need to be able to represent him and his family in a photograph, the earlier the better.  Any suggestions?

Lorraine