Curate "Civil War Pathways" with Lorraine, #2 (Pickett & black veterans)

Curate "Civil War Pathways" with Lorraine, #2 (Pickett & black veterans)

Jenny Sayward
This post was updated on .
From Lorraine (unable to post, but fully participating in the discussion):

More questions!
Has anyone read anything or does anyone know anything that could help me with this?  If you have posted a record and know its number – public or not yet public – let me know that, too.  Answer in the forum if you can, so we can all see.
http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/

And we’ll try to send this note to the dozens and dozens of folks who don’t participate in the forum….

Have you seen any reaction in local newspapers to Pickett’s Charge, July 3, 1863, during the Battle of Gettysburg?   I mean, by name.  Pickett was very much a local – left a family in Washington Territory, built Fort Bellingham, and was in command on San Juan Island at the beginning of the Pig War.

Has anyone seen mention of a black veteran, after the war?