Quantcast

Editor Progress Report

Jenny Sayward
Editors are moving ahead with processing the many contributions from readers.  As of today, we have reviewed, corrected, clarified, and published about 21% of the uploaded items.

Yes, it's a lot to process, but please keep sending them in, and we'll keep pushing them out!  Wait until you see what other readers have found!

RE: Editor Progress Report

lmcconaghy-2
Congratulations and much gratitude to our valiant volunteer editors!  Keep those records coming in, folks - now that we've finished training, we're really turning our attention to the database.  There's still time to take an assignment, though, so be in touch with Lorraine or Darby if you've gotten addicted!  Thank you, Jenny. Lorraine
Editors are moving ahead with processing the many contributions from readers.  As of today, we have reviewed, corrected, clarified, and published about 21% of the uploaded items.

Yes, it's a lot to process, but please keep sending them in, and we'll keep pushing them out!  Wait until you see what other readers have found!

NAML<
http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: Editor Progress Report

Jenny Sayward
The database continues to receive uploaded items, and we editors continue to make headway!  We have now processed and published 31% of the contributions received.

5/20 - 21%
5/27 - 31%

Re: Editor Progress Report

Jenny Sayward
We editors are encountering some slow slogging, since some readers have not been able to enter the complete information for all of their items.  But interesting items are showing up every week, so keep checking back.  Here's an idea of the progress we're making.  Out of the number of contributed items to date, how many are processed & published so far?

5/20 - 21%
5/27 - 31%
6/3 - 35%

Jenny

RE: Editor Progress Report

lmcconaghy-2
We're getting there, slowly but surely.  Again, thanks for everyone for patience and just keep posting those records...  L

NAML<
http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: Editor Progress Report

Jenny Sayward
It may not look like much this week, but we have made real progress.  With quite a few new additional uploads and still more edits, here's the update:
5/20 - 21%
5/27 - 31%
6/3 - 35%
6/10 - 36%

RE: Editor Progress Report

lmcconaghy-2
Thank you, Jenny; you are a jewel.  L

NAML<
http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

RE: Editor Progress Report

Jenny Sayward
The good news:  Readers continue to contribute such interesting items!
Slow pacing news:  Some of the items are lacking important information (who, what, when, where, etc.), and so editors are making slower progress in processing them.  Editors check the snipped image of the item, ask questions of the reader, and sometimes look up info from alternate resources.  So incomplete items can slow us down, but we're persistent.  We still want more.
5/20 - 21%
5/27 - 31%
6/3 - 35%
6/10 - 36%
6/17 - 34%

RE: Editor Progress Report

lmcconaghy-2
Hear, hear.  Jenny, please keep posting your records; please make your citations as complete as possible.  Please let us know in the abstract what it's about and in the annotations why it's significant or what your questions are.  Think of the researcher using your work in the future.  Help her to understand what you've read - you are the master of your reading.  Probably no one else has read what you've read with the attention you've given it, since it was first published.  If we can help, let us help.  L

NAML<
http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

RE: Editor Progress Report

Jenny Sayward
Progress!  Readers contributed 40 items this week, and editors processed 54, bringing us to 39% over all.

The February 2014 museum exhibits are being planned and the writing commences!  And it's all based on what Read-In readers are discovering and documenting.  Read on!

Re: Editor Progress Report

rhorne3
I have tried about eight times to contribute an article to Civil War Pathways project this evening and the program keeps refusing to send it off.  Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?
Robin

Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 9:21 AM

Progress!  Readers contributed 40 items this week, and editors processed 54, bringing us to 39% over all.

The February 2014 museum exhibits are being planned and the writing commences!  And it's all based on what Read-In readers are discovering and documenting.  Read on!

http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/Editor-Progress-Report-tp148p263.html
To start a new topic under Civil War Pathways, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Civil War Pathways, click here.
NAML

RE: Editor Progress Report

lmcconaghy-2
My only suggestion is lame - "Try again in the morning."  And then if there are still problems, please let us know here, and we'll be in touch with Tamara Georgick.  L

NAML<
http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: Editor Progress Report

rhorne3
Not being much of a techy, “Try again in the morning” is something I understand. It worked! Thanks for your sound advice, Lorraine. I would also like to let you know that this contribution completes my 2nd assignment. I am so glad I took this project on. It has stimulated a deeper interest in local history and in the Civil War, in general. I am taking a trip to Virginia this spring to visit many of the places I’ve been reading about in the Puget Sound Herald. In fact, I am adjusting the dates of my trip so I will get home the day before our Civil War Pathways Celebration on 2013-10-18. (You see, you’ve trained me to use the proper date format!)
Robin

Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:16 AM

http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/Editor-Progress-Report-tp148p266.html
To start a new topic under Civil War Pathways, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Civil War Pathways, click here.
NAML

RE: Editor Progress Report

lmcconaghy-2
So glad - I know it seems like a dumb thing, but I think that database is bewitched sometimes and that a quiet overnight clears its spells away.  And I am very glad that you enjoyed the Read-In; I'm enjoying it, too.  Just had coffee with reader Bruce Ramsey who is reading his sixth assignment, and loving it.  And the Civil War Pathways celebration should be a great time.  L