Editor Progress Report

Jenny Sayward
Busy readers, busy editors!  Editors have now processed 47% of the items contributed by readers.

Jenny

Re: Editor Progress Report

caki1
I won’t be able to come Wednesday. My husband needs the computer and there is a class I want to take....between the two; doesn’t make too much sense to go.
Good seeing you the other day!
Cathy

Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 2:36 PM
Subject: Editor Progress Report

Busy readers, busy editors!  Editors have now processed 47% of the items contributed by readers.

Jenny

http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/Editor-Progress-Report-tp371.html
To start a new topic under Civil War Pathways, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Civil War Pathways, click here.
NAML

RE: Editor Progress Report

lmcconaghy-2
Cathy, as long as you and Darby are cooking along - I'm so happy.  Really, really need you editors so much!  Thank you, L
I won’t be able to come Wednesday. My husband needs the computer and there is a class I want to take....between the two; doesn’t make too much sense to go.
Good seeing you the other day!
Cathy

Busy readers, busy editors!  Editors have now processed 47% of the items contributed by readers.

Jenny

NAML<
http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: Editor Progress Report

jloakley
I have finished my assignment of Puget Sound Herald March 1858 to May 1858. I found nothing related to the Civil War. Lots of excitement about the Fraser River Gold Rush and Mormons fighting in Utah.

RE: Editor Progress Report

lmcconaghy-2
Well, thank you, Janet.  Nothing about race or slavery, I guess?  It's interesting that about 300 black families relocated from San Francisco to Victoria because - in part - of the Fraser River gold rush.  When I was in Barkerville a few years ago, I did some research on William Grose/Gross, who was one of those black men and who filed claims along the Barkerville valley and then ended up in Seattle, running the Our House restaurant and hotel.

But thank you, Janet, and if you want to try again with another assignment, just let me know.  We've always had more assignments than readers.   Thanks, L

NAML<
http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: Editor Progress Report

jloakley
I"m going to France on the 11th. Gone all month. Could do another after that.

I have copies of the group of black families going to Victoria from Alta CA. Part of my research on the ANN PARRY and the Gold Rush on Bellingham Bay.

http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/Editor-Progress-Report-tp371p469.html

--
Janet Oakley
writer, historian, educator

Everyone loves a little History CSI

TREE SOLDIER
http://www.amazon.com/Tree-Soldier-J-L-Oakley/dp/1453896473/ref=tmm_pap_title_0
Chanticleer Grand Prize winner 2013
 2012 EPIC ebook Award winner for Historical Fiction

Blog: http://historyweaver.wordpress.com

RE: Editor Progress Report

lmcconaghy-2
Well, I may take you up on that, JO - have fun in France (for nearly a month!)  That's interesting, re the California/Victoria research - do you see Mifflin Gibbs on that list?  His autobiography is a nice record of the hope and energy  of that group.  I don't own it, but I've read it in the UW Library - it's entitled Shadows and Light, or something like that.  L

Blog: http://historyweaver.wordpress.com<http://historyweaver.wordpress.com/>