Idaho part of WT

MaryM
I'm about to start work on a bunch of WA State Library Pickering letters having to do with emigrants, gold miners, Indigenous Peoples, and the like. Much of the activity is centered in what is now Idaho - an area once part of Washington Territory. The letters I have date from 1862-1864 - thus some cover things that happened after Idaho became a territory on March 4, 1863. Shall I include these later ones, or should I stop at the date Idaho became a territory?

Re: Idaho part of WT

MaryM
I just found a good new source on Idaho - sorry it's so late in the project! It's from the Idaho Historical Society, and it's their Reference Series, put together over many years by the State Historian and others, and now in pdf form. Here's the link: http://history.idaho.gov/reference-series. Check it out.

RE: Idaho part of WT

lmcconaghy-2
Oh my goodness, that's huge!  I just kept scrolling and scrolling.  Definitely a great source to explore.  Thank you, MM

Re: Idaho part of WT

Jenny Sayward
It seems to me that the part of Idaho that was practically part of Washington -- before, during & after the official Territorial designation of such -- should be included in our project.  Since our time is running out, grab what you can and emphasize the specific topics that we've been looking for (politics, race, war, and how NW life was affected).

Re: Idaho part of WT

MaryM
I agree. I talked w/ Lorraine about this last time we had a MeetUp, at Vios, she said yes, definitely, we should do that. The State Library Pickering letters I've been working on barely go into 1864, so it's not that far anyway.

On Aug 11, 2013, at 7:01 AM, Jenny Sayward [via Civil War Pathways] wrote:

It seems to me that the part of Idaho that was practically part of Washington -- before, during & after the official Territorial designation of such -- should be included in our project.  Since our time is running out, grab what you can and emphasize the specific topics that we've been looking for (politics, race, war, and how NW life was affected).

http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/Idaho-part-of-WT-tp346p439.html
To start a new topic under Historical Fact Checks/Questions, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Idaho part of WT, click here.
NAML