Quantcast

Unlawful discrimination

Paula
I believe an article  I submitted from the Territorial Dispatch and Alaska Times, Nov. 1871 meets the request for articles dealing with  "post war anti black activities"  that Darby requested.  The article deals with Mr. Dixon, a "colored barber of Olympia", who was denied a marriage license to marry a white woman because of his color.

Re: Unlawful discrimination

dlangdon
Thanks so much, Paula.

On Jul 10, 2013, at 2:58 PM, "Paula [via Civil War Pathways]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I believe an article  I submitted from the Territorial Dispatch and Alaska Times, Nov. 1871 meets the request for articles dealing with  "post war anti black activities"  that Darby requested.  The article deals with Mr. Dixon, a "colored barber of Olympia", who was denied a marriage license to marry a white woman because of his color.

http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/Unlawful-discrimination-tp334.html
To start a new topic under Civil War Pathways, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Civil War Pathways, click here.
NAML