Whether to report on former resident of Washington Territory

Whether to report on former resident of Washington Territory

selovell
I am reading Winfield Ebey's papers and he received several letters from his cousin George William P. Ebey immediately before and during the war. George Ebey was very pro-Union and Winfield was not. George Ebey settled and lived on Protection Island, Washington Territory from 1855 to 1858 but then sold his land and moved back to Illinois. He served in the war and was wounded at the Battle of Shiloh.

So, my question, he was a resident of Washington Territory for a short time but all the correspondence I am reading is from Illinois. Is it appropriate to include "his sentiments" and pro-Union rhetoric in the data base?

I hope that makes sense!!

Steve Lovell
Steve Lovell