expanding "people described"

kyra
I'm curious about the length of the "people described" drop down, since I assume by now you have been inundated with new names, but the list remains relatively short.  There was no "suggestions" entry box on my submission form, so I resort to the discussion to find out if you do want suggestions submitted formally somehow.  I referred to individuals in my submission whom I believe are important enough to put on the list IF it is some kind of master list of important individuals.  For example, B(enjamin) F(reeman) Kendall, who was (albeit briefly) the Superintendent of Indian Affairs for Washington Territory at the start of the war.  Someone may have been reading his newspaper, the Overland Press, published in Olympia?

I would also suggest George Gibbs, who was very involved in WA Indian affairs, working for McClellan's survey and later for Gov Stevens, but who was in DC during the war and (according to the Huggins' letter I reported on), acting to benefit the Territory whenever he could -- taking advantage of his friendship with McClellan and others.

But back to the point, should these folks be on the list or is it enough that they will be searchable in the database.  I believe they may be names that could be used to search for more information on the involvement of each during the war.
Kyra

RE: expanding "people described"

lmcconaghy-2
I think that Kyra's point is well taken - we've added some names over time, but never B.F. Kendall or George Gibbs.  I will add them to the drop down.  L
[...]

NAML<
http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>