Quantcast

project wrap party - pre-announcement info

project wrap party - pre-announcement info

Jenny Sayward
"Jenny:

I noticed you mentioned the wrap party (?) in October for the project, is that correct? Do we have a date and/or place for it yet? I've been hoping the final get-together would not be in September, as I will be out of state for a large part of that month. October, on the other hand, would not pose a problem. But I am only one of many!

Thanks,
Sarah Moser
Bellevue, WA"

Yes, a project wrap party is planned for all of us volunteers on Friday, October 18, at the state history museum.  The next day will be an event, open to the interested public, to show the sponsoring museum what this quasi-crowd-sourced project came up with.  We could probably use some volunteer party planners.  And ideas for historical fun.  (I've been teasing that it should be a sleepover at the museum.)  This is not an official announcement, since it's still in the planning stage, so this early info is just for the listserv/forum participants.

Jenny

Re: project wrap party - pre-announcement info

jloakley
I have a dress for the era. :>

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 7:41 AM, Jenny Sayward [via Civil War Pathways] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/project-wrap-party-pre-announcement-info-tp229.html
To start a new topic under Civil War Pathways, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Civil War Pathways, click here.
NAML

--
Janet Oakley
writer, historian, educator

Everyone loves a little History CSI

TREE SOLDIER
http://www.amazon.com/Tree-Soldier-J-L-Oakley/dp/1453896473/ref=tmm_pap_title_0
Chanticleer Grand Prize winner 2013
 2012 EPIC ebook Award winner for Historical Fiction

Blog: http://historyweaver.wordpress.com

Re: project wrap party - pre-announcement info

Jenny Sayward
Cool!  Do we want to re-enact something?

Man:  I am going back East to save the Union!
Woman:  Won't you stay here and help me save our farm and our Territory?
Man:  Our nation needs my service!
Woman:  Very well.  Save the Union and come back soon.  While you are away, I'll busy myself teaching school, establishing a town library, and agitating for woman's suffrage.  Write to me.

Re: project wrap party - pre-announcement info

jloakley
Well, actually, I'm going to Gettysburg in two weeks. My ancestor was a Union surgeon. Gonna take it all in. In the humidity and heat, but then my ancestor went to the 50th when he was 83 years old.

http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/project-wrap-party-pre-announcement-info-tp229p231.html

Jenny Sayward
Are you saying that you're going to wear your costume in the heat & humidity?  Now that's dedication to authenticity!

Re: project wrap party - pre-announcement info

jloakley
I think I'll just take a hat! Though they are interpreting a candlelight show at Christ Lutheran where the 2nd division of 1st corps had its hospital. Where my greatgrandfather was.

http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/project-wrap-party-pre-announcement-info-tp229p234.html
To start a new topic under Civil War Pathways, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Civil War Pathways, click here.
NAML

--
Janet Oakley
writer, historian, educator

Everyone loves a little History CSI

TREE SOLDIER
http://www.amazon.com/Tree-Soldier-J-L-Oakley/dp/1453896473/ref=tmm_pap_title_0
Chanticleer Grand Prize winner 2013
 2012 EPIC ebook Award winner for Historical Fiction

Blog: http://historyweaver.wordpress.com

RE: project wrap party - pre-announcement info

lmcconaghy-2
You guys are pretty funny.

Blog: http://historyweaver.wordpress.com<http://historyweaver.wordpress.com/>

NAML<
http://civil-war-pathways.12348.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

RE: project wrap party - pre-announcement info

lmcconaghy-2
October 18 in the evening for a gala thank-you to you all - it's still tentative, but I've got it in my calendar in ink.  I am almost certain that it will be at the Washington State History Museum, in Tacoma.  We have to announce it now, I think, just to be courteous to everyone.  I sure hope that you an come, Sarah.